Thursday, December 30, 2010

Game 5




This will be a very short blog today, as today was the final game of pool play. We beat Australia Blue. The score was 4:0. It was not much of a game, but at least we were able to play all our players that had not been starting in any of the other games. All of those players played the entire game and did a really good job. I was very proud of them. They had all played in every game at least a little less that half of those games and it was nice to get them an entire game.

We scored our 1st goal in the 9th minute from Noah Rothstein and it was an unassisted goal. The 2nd goal game 3 minutes later off a corner kick by Daniel Kohen where it went in the goal off the keeper's hands for an own goal. Daniel was credited with the goal. The 3rd goal was from Charlie Paris off a nice assist from Alec Botsford and the 4th and final goal came from Jason Hirsch off an assist from Adam Green. We scored 25 while only giving up 3 throughout the tournament. Our recored was 5 wins, 0 losses and 0 ties for 15 points. Brazil was 2nd with 10 points, as was Australia Gold, but Brazil advanced because of goal difference.

All that is left, is to play on Sunday for the Gold Medal against Brazil. I feel confident we will have a much better game against them than the previous one. It will be a hard game, but certainly a game we can and will win! I am extremely confident in our guys and their commitment to winning the Gold! It will be a fun game for sure.

Tonight is New Year's Eve here in Sydney and we will all watch the fireworks. Tomorrow we will go to the Blue Mountains and then Sunday is our game and the closing ceremonies.

I also want tell my wonderful wife how much I love and miss her and can't wait to see her on Monday! I miss my son Sean and love him very much and his fiance Sammy as well. I can't wait to see you all, as well as my brother and the rest of the family, especially our "Gang of 4".

So, until the next time I wish everyone the Happiest and Healthiest of New Year's!

Best regards from Sydney,
Coach Goldfarb

No comments:

Post a Comment